Sinus infection symptoms are very important things to know in life as 24 million annual cases are reported in US only on average. Sinus Means sack or cavity in tissue or organs, or abnormal cavity caused in the passage by destructions of tissues specially near the nose and surrounding areas.
Where as Sinusitis is inflammation of paranasal sinuses. It can be caused by infections, allergy or autoimmune (Autoimmune where your immune system attacks your good part of your body due to misjudgement).Most of the time it is viral infection who is the enemy no 1.
Sinus infection symptoms :
- A runny or Blocked Nose .If the outcome producing Yellow or green mucus , the chances are it is a bacterial infection.
- Pain and tenderness in the face.Around infected sinuses you may feel a throbbing pain that is worse when you move your head, and toothache or pain in your jaw when you eat.
- You may feel abnormal body temperature which tends to be on the higher side.
- You may feel tiredness most of the time which is unusual than your normal routine.
- Sinus headache could be seen which is behaves strangely.
- Coughing more.
- Bad breath or halitosis.
- Loss of taste and smell making your appetite low.
- All around feeling ill.
Sinus infection Symptoms for Children :
Children with sinusitis may be irritable, breathe through their mouth and have difficulty feeding.
Their speech may sound nasal (like they have a stuffy cold) because their sinuses are blocked.
Home Remedy For Sinusitis :
- Steam can drain your sinuses as a result you will breath easier and feel more comfortable. Take a bowl of hot water where visible steam is coming out. you can add menthol as most cases it helps clearing up the nasal passage.
- Use a humidifier .Specially in the room where you spend most time. It will reduce ill feeling.
- Drinking plenty of water will increase your body fluid and thin out the mucus.as a result it will drain out itself easily rather than thick and sticky mucus.
- Putt few eucalyptus drop on your handkerchief and sniff it every now and then .It will help you to feel better.
- Put a wet cloth on your face will give you soothing comfort and reduce sinus pain.
- Garlic, Onions, Horseradish, Hot Pepper and Ginger added to any soup broth will open the sinuses.
- Dissolve 1 tsp of salt in 2 cups of water and use it through a nasal inhaler.
- Tea tree oil. Doesn't matter how you use it it will help. It is a natural killer for any infections.
- Sipping hot teas made with herbs such as fenugreek, fennel, anise, or sage may help move mucus even more and keeps it flowing
- People found that grape seed extracts (2-5 drops) mix with saline found to be useful.
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon with enough water to make a paste and apply paste on head to relieve sinus headache.
There are plenty more home remedy can be found from different different part of the world. You take caution to choose what is suitable for you. It is highly comprehended that if you are not comfortable with any of this consult a doctor or a specialist who can guide better.
Hope this Helps.
Tips: All headaches are not sinus headache. Most people think they have sinus related headache are found that only 10% of them anything to do with sinus.