At some point in life some people will face skin discoloration anywhere in body. It means that specific part or portion of the body color will be different than the most part of the body. Most of the time the color is in daker side. It can be caused by many different reasons such as sun exposure,acne, chickenpox or even cosmetic injuries.Others reason could be excessive sweating,depression,stress. If any of this external reasons doesn't fit you then remember it could be due to internal reasons like imbalance of body chemicals.The hormones estrogen and progesterone can cause a discoloration known as melasma or chloasma.
Main problem for skin discoloration is social life embarrassment .It can make the complexion look uneven and unbalanced which could lead to self dissatisfaction and hurt your confidence.
Natural Home Remedy:
- Gently Skin Ex foliating : Dead skin build up can cause uneven pigmentation. Anything with lactic acid like sour milk wash will lead to gentle peeling of skin.
- Tea Tree Oil Treatment : Any discolorations works well with tea tree oil. Ingredient in tea tree oil kills bacteria, rejuvenates the affected skin, prevents scaling, and removes discoloration. Massage the skin with it to make the skin lighter and less discolored.
- Potato: Bleaching agents are sourced in potatoes, and the juice of a potato can help reduce dark patches. Rub the juice, or even a raw potato smash on your affected area. The best policy is to apply it before bed time and wash it off in the morning.
- Baking Soda: Baking soda Can help reduce skin discoloration.Alkaline in nature which helps to get rid of the dead skin cells, and also fade discoloration.
- Nutrition: an essential vitamin is Vitamin A for skin health. Topical forms of vitamin A known as retinol and tretinoin help to repair skin damage due to aging and rays from the sun. Tretinoin is the only form of vitamin A that helps to reduce skin that has a special glow, and reduces fine lines and surface roughness, according to the University of Maryland Medical Center. It also stimulates the production of collagen, which keeps the skin hydrated and fresh.
- Orange Peel: Honey mix with milk and orange peel paste really does the trick for dicolored skin. Apply it for 15 minutes everyday and you can see the change visibly within days.
- Tomato: Grate a tomato and mix in two or three drops of lime juice. Leave this mixture on affected area for 20 minutes 2 times daily to get excellent results.
Apart from all this listed here, there are hundreds more home remedy available. Choose what suits you best but make sure in severe case don't forget to consult with a skin specialist.
Hope this helps.