Reasons & Symptoms of Fart/Flatulence
Flatulence/Fart is the emission of gases contained in the intestine. The mix of gases 'flatus' is released under pressure and creates a sound accompanied by a foul odor. Aside from creating discomfort and pain due to bloating, it also results in social embarrassment. The most typical symptoms of flatulence or more commonly known as gas are a feeling of bloating and discomfort, excessive expulsion of wind, belching and pain in the abdomen. The problem of flatulence is very common and usually due to dietary reasons. Difficulties in digesting certain types of food cause flatulence. While for some it might be due to lactose intolerance, the others may suffer it because of grain based food. However, others might suffer due to foods which are heavy in carbohydrates. Flatulence, however, is not a critical problem and can be cured using natural treatments.
1. Consuming too many carbs
Of the three main nutrients, carbohydrates produce probably the most gas because sugar and starch effortlessly ferment. Half of us are endowed with bacteria that especially prefer munching on unprocessed carbs . As you might have guessed, beans consist of more indigestible carbohydrates compared to most foods.
2. Consuming indigestible foods
Many daily foods are considered "indigestible" -- milk being one of them. Cow milk is unnatural to the human body, which is why many people are lactose-intolerant. Lactose intolerance implies one's body doesn't know how to digest milk, so it sets it aside as waste. If you happen to have a lot of "gas enzymes" in your system and you're simply lactose intolerant, even milk can make you fart/Flatulence.
3. Excessive enzymes
Each individuals intestinal fauna is composed differently so people do not react similarly to the same foods. Two people can eat a meal rich in indigestible carbs and only one of them can develop gas, simply because his intestinal tract contains more enzymes. You might have heard people say that onions or apples give them gas, while others state not to be affected. It all depends on the amount and type of bacteria in the big intestine.
4. Chewing and swallowing air
Chewing your food properly aids in preventing gas because you alleviate your tract's workload, while chewing gum gives people flatulence/fart because it makes them swallow more air than usual and because it animates the digestive system. Sometimes you burp, but other times air goes too deep into the digestive tract, leaving only one alternative: farting.
5. Intestinal infections
Finally, certain forms of intestinal infections cause flatulence. Eating contaminated food or drinking contaminated water will cause loose stools, bloating, cramps, and gas. When a person has an intestinal infection, the lining of the intestinal track thins and nutrients, again, get sent to the large intestine without being absorbed.
Some home remedies for flatulence/fart cure include:
- Chewing the food more before swallowing will help the stomach and intestines break down the food.
- Avoid foods high in fat.
- Eat smaller sized, more frequent meals instead of three large meals.
- Start an exercise program. Becoming healthier cures many ailments.
- Drink less alcohol.
- Drinking hot water, about half a cup of plain hot water, as hot as you can stand it, does the trick for many people.
- Eat peppermint leaves. Peppermint contains menthol which helps in naturally treating the problem of flatulence.
- Mix half a teaspoon of ginger powder with warm water. The Chinese have used this cure for flatulence for centuries.
- Apple Cider Vinegar. Add 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to a glass of warm water daily.
- Take a cup of lukewarm water and add 2 tsp of brandy. Intake this before going to bed.
- Soak some ginger slices in lemon juice. Chew this after every meal. This would help cure gas.
- Peppermint tea is also effective in treating flatulence. The other tea includes anise tea, spearmint tea, and caraway tea. Spearmint or peppermint candy would also do the trick.
- Do not drink water after 15 minutes or during meals. It weakens the digestive system.
Hope this helps You.